31 October 2009

Two of My Favorites

Last year, while in Iraq, I was preparing a sermon out of Lamentations. In my exegesis, I discovered that the Revised Standard Version and English Standard Version were the exact same, for the passage in question. I found that a little odd, so I did some research online when I had a chance.

My Google search led me to Michael Marlowe's excellent site. I read his extensive write-up on the ESV and was impressed, both with Michael's thoroughness and, incidentally the ESV.

As I read more about this translation, I started reading it more on my computer. When I came home on mid-tour leave, I purchased a printed copy and have used it exclusively since.

I have also read quite a bit more of Michael's site. These is a lot of good stuff there. I would encourage you to check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment